Let's create a site to use with this tutorial. Begin by clicking the big blue button below!
- Atop the page, change your Stackbit project name to
My First Site.
- Click Create Site.
- If you don't have an account yet, sign up for a new account. While you work through the registration process, Stackbit is doing some fancy stuff to prepare your site for you.
⚙️ Learn what Stackbit's site creation does for you.
After you click Create Site, Stackbit:
- Creates a new GitHub repository by cloning the original repository into your GitHub account, creating a
previewbranch for it as well.
- Creates a new Contentful Space and provisions that Space with initial content from the
export.jsonfile in the original repository.
- Creates a Netlify site.
- Creates webhooks between GitHub and Netlify so that whenever something is committed into GitHub, it will trigger a deploy in Netlify.
🎉 Pat yourself on the back because you just deployed a Jamstack website! 🎉
Yeah, seriously. That's it! You can now play around with your new site and see what Stackbit can do for you. Or, use the link at the bottom of this guide to continue on a guided Stackbit journey.
- Next Step: Connect Services